Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Milan at Christmas

It's true that you can never go back.  But almost seven months to the day of my arrival here in Europe found me ensconced back in my favourite hotel in Milan just as I'd been the very first night of this adventure.  Except this time, I was meeting my parents for three weeks of traveling over Christmas break.


Yes, they did get caught in the chaos at Heathrow - 36 hours worth of queues and minimal sleep, eventually making their way to Milan.  Now, I've been spoiled with holiday experiences: three years ago my dear friend Monika and I found ourselves in Strasbourg, France just after Christmas and there is nothing that can compare to the festive spirit exhibited there.  But Milan, in true Italian designer style, manages to do just fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment