Saturday, June 5, 2010

Buongiorno Bicicletta!


It's now been two weeks since I've been on a bike - the last ride being my favourite Southlands through UBC endowment lands route. When this week I began petting every pretty bike I passed on the streets of Bra, I realized the withdrawal pains were serious.


So today I took myself to Tecno Bike and picked out a much loved Vicini Italia, added a basket, and purchased a helmet that no one in Italy seems to wear. I do have to admit - I went helmet-less on the way home. The sheer joy in pedaling slowly over cobblestone streets with the wind blowing through my hair was indescribable. Yes, I know I've reached the cliche status of Stuff White People Like, but the weight of the week rolled off with each push of the pedal. Now to explore this town from a different perspective.

3 comments:

  1. HEIDI! I guess you are trying to make us all jealous, huh?! Oh it sounds like you are having an incredible time already...Love you! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made French Onion soup for supper with Onions from Vidalia, Georgia. Does that score any points with Italians?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi: You write so well. I am loving reading your posts! The food sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete